The Curly Girls´ Guide To Hair Extensions
From human hair to synthetic, wefts to single strand and Mongolian to Indian, the hair extension world can get a bit “tangled,” however don’t despair ‘cause we’re protecting all the pieces it’s essential to learn about the quality and types of extensions for all of you curlfriends on the market. A notice to the clever: You get what you pay for. Investing in top quality extensions will really end up saving you money as they only should be replaced as soon as a year in contrast to every few months with sub-par hair. Our recommendation Don’t minimize corners. Save up for the best quality hair extensions that you would be able to afford to get the lusted-after locks you’ve always wished. Let’s get started!
What’s the large distinction between pure and synthetic extensions
1. Natural Hair: This is real human hair and it can be styled, cleansed and dyed just like the hair in your head. The look and feel of pure extensions are extremely believable, which makes these more pricey, however for those who care for them properly, they’ll final you up to 1 full year.
2. Artificial Hair: These extensions have come a great distance lately and in some circumstances it’s difficult to inform the difference between natural and synthetic nevertheless it stops there. Synthetic hair is mostly made from tremendous plastic fibers that mimic human hair, however won’t behave or feel prefer it. These could be worn straight outta the field, making them super easy and fast, nevertheless, upkeep is tough as they don’t always wash and magnificence the same way as common hair and they are much less durable than pure hair, so that they won’t last as lengthy — about three to six months.
Remy hair, virgin hair… What does all of it imply
source: Getty Photos via Tony Hutchings
1. Virgin Hair: That is 100% human hair that’s reduce off of a single hair donor in one ponytail and has by no means been chemically processed. All of the cuticles are intact and lay in the identical route simply like the hair on your head. It is the very best high quality pure hair accessible available on the market, hence it’s tremendous spendy, however with correct care it might last a protracted, very long time. Principally this is the gold standard in extensions.
2. Remy Hair: This is pure hair that is collected from several different hair donors and is processed to align all of the cuticles in the identical path to mimic the hair on your head. This process eliminates tangling problems that are widespread with synthetic types.
3. Non-remy Hair: That is natural hair that’s collected from random suppliers, ensuing within the cuticles mendacity in all totally different instructions which can result in tangles and matting. To combat this, non-remy hair is chemically handled to remove the cuticle after which dipped in silicone so as to add shine, this adds weight to the hair and over time the silicone washes away and the hair loses its luster. It also cannot tolerate heat or hair dye, so styling choices are restricted.
What’s the distinction between weft braiding hair for box braids and single strand
1. Wefted Hair: This is hair that comes connected to a track in lengthy pieces. It might either be connected by machine or by hand. Here’s the difference:
-Hand tied wefts are made by meticulously tying strands of hair round a robust weaving thread by hand. These wefts are thinner and more flexible than machine-tied wefts and lay closer to to the head creating a very pure look. They’re tougher to use and utilize a lot more hair to make which provides to the worth tag on these extensions. (Picture via Magnificence ReDesign)
-Machine wefts are made by sewing strands of hair onto the monitor with a hair sewing machine. They are the most common wefts due to their lower price and since they’re simpler to place in. The tracks will also be lower which permits for extra hairstyle choices.
2. Single Strand: Also referred to as stick extensions, these actually come piece by piece and are pre-bonded at the tips with wax or keratin. They’re utilized by using the Micro-Loop or Fusion method which uses heat to bond the extensions to your pure hair.
What’s the distinction between virgin hair origins
One of the issues you have to take into consideration when purchasing pure hair extensions, is hair origin. To drop a pretty penny on Mongolian hair that doesn’t hold a natural wave pattern is going to look something however natural on the average curly woman. Bottom line Select a texture that almost all intently matches your hair in its pure state — the purpose is to shock others that you have extensions.
1. Brazilian: This probably the most sought after hair on the market and blends nicely with all varieties of ethnicities.
-Delicate, thick, bouncy hair with medium coarseness
-Varies from gentle brown to dark brown or black
-Has a natural wave sample when wet, so it can be styled straight, wavy or curly
2. Mongolian: This hair type is uncommon in comparison to other hair origins making it more pricey.
-Wonderful and slightly coarse in texture
-Does not have a pure wave sample when wet, so it’s greatest fitted to straight styles.
-Various coloration vary makes this hair wanted for these in search of one thing other than
3. Indian: There is an abundance of Indian hair, so it’s commonly used for making extensions. It is commonly generally known as “temple hair” because most of it is sourced from Hindu temples the place hair is donated for religious practices.
-Thick, coarse and sleek in texture
-Dries wavy and mimics most hair patterns, so it can be styled wavy, curly or straight
-Sought out for its untreated qualities, in addition to its long size
4. Malaysian: Celebrities seek this hair kind because of it’s comfortable and silky texture.
-Resembles very healthy hair due to it’s sheen
-Great for wavy and curly ladies because it is available in a variety of natural hair patterns
-Colors range from darkish brown to black
5. Russian: This is like the top shelf caviar of hair extensions as it’s hard to source, making it quite expensive.
-Finer and thinner in texture which does not always blend well with Afro-Caribbean hair textures.
-Is very versatile relating to styling and works with most hair patterns
-Colours range from gentle blonde to medium brown
The place Women With Curls Should Purchase Extensions
The key to great extensions is to discover a hair sample that is similar to your own. The problem is, that almost all hair extensions come readily straightened and it can be onerous to get textures that blend with your curly locks. We’re giving a shout out to some hair extensions brands which might be exhibiting the love to wavy, curly, kinky girls so that we will have some enjoyable with extensions too. A few of these manufacturers have been developed out of necessity by girls just such as you and me and now they are helping you discover your good match.
1. Kinky Curly Yaki: This fairly priced firm affords 5 textures that they declare, “looks so actual, you possibly can swear it was rising out of your individual head.” From light yaki to curly and afro kinky, these extensions are made from 100% virgin human hair and are free from synthetic fillers and chemicals and will blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
2. Heat Free Hair: This brand is super common amongst naturalistas and transitioners. Their principal aim is to offer high quality protecting styling options through wefts, clip-ins, closures and wigs. Whether you may have coils, curls or kinks they provide hair textures starting from 3b to 4c.
3. Excellent Locks: You want good locks This firm affords assured, virgin Indian hair that’s hand selected immediately from the most important temple in Tirupati, India. For curly girls the hair is curled utilizing a chemical-free process often known as steam perming leading to a totally pure look and lengthy lasting life. You’re sure to seek out the hair color and texture that you’re after.
4. Fingercomber: This hair community offers extensions, hair products and accessories which might be designed by naturals, and made for naturals. Go #teamnatural! From protective model models, wash and go units, havana hair and wefts it is onerous to not discover a texture and style for you — in fact, you might buy two!
5. SERO Hair: If you’re searching for moral, premium virgin Remy hair SERO is your one stop shop. SERO is an up and coming name on this planet of beauty and hair and they’re on a mission to source moral hair from communities around the globe. Choose from Halo, Ponytail, Tape, Weft, Tip and Clip-In extensions and for the funds savvy they will be introducing a variety of artificial extensions.
6. Indique: Celebs like Rihanna have been noticed with these extensions making them the newest craze. Indique will get that all curls are unique, even on the identical head so you possibly can mix and match from three textures: Bounce Organic Curl, Bounce Coil Curl and Bounce Deep Wave to seamlessly blend in your pure hair.
7. Private Inventory Hair: Boasting the best quality natural hair — we’re speaking 100% virgin hair. These guys focus on unfastened waves to kinky curly kind 3b to 4c hair textures. Choose from weft hair, wigs, closures and clip-ins.
8. BellaCurls: It used to be practically not possible to search out curly hair extensions, however these days any texture you’re after can most certainly be found and BellaCurls makes extensions easy with their 100% Malaysian, Brazilian and Mongolian hair clips-ins. They also get that curly hair is available in so many alternative textures which why they offer a wide range of hair patterns from wavy to afro.
How To Care For Your Hair Extensions
Extension hair ought to be cared for just like your pure hair: gently. You should utilize your whole favorite hair merchandise, however keep oils away from the roots so as to stop the bond, tape, or weave from slipping. At bedtime, put your hair in a loose braid so it doesn´t get matted or tangled when you sleep.
1. Cleanse: Perform a co-wash at least as soon as every 2-three weeks.
2. Condition: Try to all the time use a moisturizing leave-in conditioner. Keep away from having to use any
different styling products between washes.
3. Style: Use alcohol-free serums or merchandise on hair to avoid drying out the hair and making it
4. Dry: Air drying is very really useful after washing and conditioning, nevertheless, actual hair can
take the heat from a blow-dryer, flat iron or curling iron, however identical to your personal hair, it’s greatest to
keep heat styling at a minimum to beat frizz and maintain the quality and sturdiness of your
5. Storage: Storage isn’t one thing we usually think about when selecting our extensions, nevertheless it
can prolong the life of your faux locks. When you’re packing away them away they needs to be
clean, conditioned, dry and tangle free. An air-tight container works great or use a clip clothes
hanger to store the hair with out shedding form.
Okay curlfriends! We hope this offers you all the knowledge you could get the luscious locks
you’ve always wished.