Tape-In Hair Extensions 101 • The Perennial Model
Hair extensions are nothing new on the planet of magnificence, and I’ve realized that the vast majority of my pals and fellow bloggers like to add just a little oomph to their hair for particular occasions or day-to-day put on. Though Ellen has been a giant fan of clip-in hair extensions for years, my thin hair doesn’t provide a lot coverage of the clips.
Through the years I’ve tried many strategies to thicken my hair – including a perm again in the day, which unfortunately ended after i began highlighting my hair. I’ve heard so many horror stories about extensions (we all remember Britney’s meltdown with the buzzed head), so why danger thinning my hair even more for a number of months of fullness
I not too long ago linked with Jell Salon in Dallas and decided to check out their new hair extension service. A bit nervous at first, I went in for my session and determined to check out their tape-in curly front lace wig hair extensions. I’m utterly in love with them, so I’m excited to share with you my expertise!
Hair extensions come in lots of kinds and methods
– Fusions: Small bundles of hair are fused to yours utilizing glue or heat. This is a time-consuming method that can cause the most quantity of injury to your hair.
– Micro Hyperlinks: Small bundles of hair are mainly snapped onto items of your hair with a small bead. This is an analogous technique to fusion, except no heat or glue is utilized.
– Sew-in: Your hair is braided on the back of your head tightly and wefts of hair are sewn into the braid. This technique works best on natural hair – my hair can be unable to handle the load of the weft.
– Clip-Ins – These are wefts of extensions clipped into your hair on a regular basis – Ellen swears by this brand.
– The Halo: That is just like clip-ins, but it’s a weft of hair on a circular wire that’s worn on your head. That is a short lived resolution for particular occasions or on a regular basis wear.
– Tape-In Extensions – These are small wefts of extensions taped into your hair with double sided tape
Though every methodology of extensions (usually) seems pure and full, tape-in extensions are my #1 recommendation for anybody looking to add size or fullness to their hair. I scheduled a session at Jell Salon, and my stylist coloration-matched my hair to verify the extensions are an ideal match. It took about one week for the salon to obtain my Hotheads hair extensions, and as soon as they arrived I went again to the salon for the application – which solely took about half-hour to an hour!
Not only are tape-ins the least damaging type of utilized extensions, they are additionally the quickest, easiest, and most affordable technique!
Basically, a stylist will sandwich two three-inch hair extension wefts round a small portion of your hair. The quantity of wefts added to your hair will vary on how full or lengthy you would like your hair to look. I used one pack to achieve the fullness I was aiming for.
HOW Long WILL THEY Last
Tape-In hair extensions can generally final 6-eight weeks depending on how briskly your hair grows and the way you maintain them. If you’re taking care of your extensions correctly, your stylist can take away and reapply them to your hair multiple instances.
Taking care of your extensions properly is necessary to protecting a pure look and forestall harm. Brushing your hair continuously positively helps your hair from tangling, but remember to be gentle when brushing to avoid pulling too arduous on the extensions. Additionally, utilizing conditioner can loosen the adhesive on the extensions, so keep away from conditioning the top of your hair and focus mainly on the ends.
Styling extensions is no different than styling your “real hair”! In reality, it’s much more enjoyable since you could have way more to work with, so feel free to continue styling together with your normal routine. The one points I’ve had so far with my extensions is that I’ve switched from high ponytails to low ponytails to maintain from exposing my tape-ins – which is totally value it for the end result!
Overall, I am completely in love with my new extensions! Jell Salon was ready to provide me the precise outcome curly front lace wig I used to be in search of – a fuller look of my pure hair! I utterly advocate it to any of you, and I feel you all would be happy together with your new extensions! To study more about Jell Salon or to schedule an appointment for hair extensions, visit their web site here! Also, you should definitely allow them to know we referred you 😉 You won’t be disillusioned together with your results!