Choose And Apply Hair Extensions
The discharge particulars of this endorsed unit of competency are set out within the desk under. The most recent information is at the highest.
Editorial corrections. Competency field added.
This unit describes the efficiency outcomes, skills and information required to pick out and apply hair extensions.
Software of the Unit
This unit applies to hairdressers in salon environments, who apply hair extensions to extend the length and quantity of hair and to introduce extra colours. The operator selects from human, animal or synthetic hair and mixes hair prior software to realize desired colour and texture. Hair extensions could also how do you get silver hair be utilized to a full or partial head.
An individual enterprise this position applies discretion and judgement and accepts responsibility for outcomes of personal work.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification necessities apply to this unit on the time of endorsement.
Employability Abilities Information
This unit incorporates employability abilities.
Elements and Efficiency Standards Pre-Content material
Elements and Performance Criteria
Components describe the important outcomes of a unit of competency.
Efficiency standards describe the performance needed to display achievement of the ingredient. Where daring italicised text is used, additional information is detailed within the required expertise and information part and the vary statement. Assessment of performance is to be in step with the evidence guide.
1. Consult with purchasers.
1.1. Determine client wants and expectations through questioning and discussions.
1.2. Design hair extension ideas to match facial options, bone structure, pure hair and client necessities.
1.3. Discuss completed design with consumer to verify that design meets consumer traits and necessities.
1.4. Determine price, application method, upkeep necessities and options and advantages of the service and clearly clarify to shoppers.
2. Analyse and select hair sort and color.
2.1. Establish extension hair kind .
2.2. Identify and select colour and texture of hair extensions, in accordance with confirmed design.
2.3. Select variety of strands in hair extension and combine fibres in line with product directions and confirmed design.
3. Put together client’s natural hair.
3.1. Put together client’s natural hair in order that it is clear, dry and freed from styling aids.
3.2. Remove present hair extensions the place required, according to salon procedures and product instructions.
3.3. Section client’s pure hair in response to confirmed design.
3.4. Ensure the safe disposal of waste, according to salon procedures .
4. Apply hair extensions.
4.1. Choose strand sizes to match the confirmed design.
4.2. Choose section sizes that are appropriate for the strand dimension chosen.
4.3. Apply strands and securely seal utilizing bonding equipment , in response to product instructions, salon procedures, and to match confirmed design.
5. Complete hair design.
5.1. Apply reducing and finishing techniques where required to blend extensions and pure hair, and to realize the planned finished design.
5.2. Affirm shopper satisfaction and make adjustments if required.
5.3. Explain hair extension maintenance procedures clearly to consumer.
Required Expertise and Information
This part describes the skills and information required for this unit.
– interpersonal abilities to work together with purchasers
– communication skills to:
– work together with clients
– consult with clients during preservice analysis
– verify client consolation throughout the hair extension process
– affirm shopper satisfaction with hair extension results
– literacy skills to interpret and observe manufacturer’s hair extension system instructions
– technical abilities to:
– choose, combine and apply hair extensions
– remove existing hair extensions
– safely use and apply a hair extensions system, including:
– human, animal or artificial hair
– bonding merchandise
– software and elimination tools and gear
– apply haircutting strategies to blend hair extensions and natural hair
– hair extension system, together with its elements and applications
– the types of hair and artificial fibres used in hair extensions
– upkeep necessities for hair extensions
– relevant salon procedures
The proof information gives advice on assessment and must be read along side the efficiency standards, required expertise and data, range assertion and the Evaluation Tips for the Coaching Bundle.
Overview of evaluation
Important elements for evaluation and evidence required to demonstrate competency in this unit
Proof of the following is essential:
– choosing and mixing hair colours and textures to mix with client’s pure hair
– utilizing a hair extension system to apply hair extension services to full and partial head
– removing and adjusting current hair extensions
– making use of haircutting and ending methods to mix hair extensions with pure hair for finished designs.
Context of and specific resources for assessment
Assessment must guarantee access to:
– a salon or a simulated salon setting that includes a spread of labor situations akin to client interruptions and involvement in other related activities normally expected within the salon
– an adjustable consumer chair
– clean consumer gown or wrap
– a provide of fresh towels
– a hair extension system that includes hair, bonding products and tools
– clients with a spread of hair extension necessities
– haircutting instruments and equipment
– ending instruments and gear
– related documentation, reminiscent of:
– manufacturer hair extension system manuals that include product and gear info
– salon procedures.
For further guidance on using an applicable simulated atmosphere, seek advice from the Assessment Guidelines on this Coaching Bundle.
Method of assessment
A range of assessment methods must be used to assess sensible expertise and information. The following examples are acceptable for this unit:
– direct observation of the learner:
– selecting and mixing hair colours and textures to mix with client’s pure hair
– removing and adjusting current hair extensions
– utilizing a hair extension system to apply hair extension companies for full and partial head
– making use of haircutting and ending strategies to mix hair extensions with pure hair for completed designs
– written or verbal questions appropriate to the language and literacy stage of the learner to check knowledge comparable to:
– the types of hair and synthetic fibres utilized in hair extensions
– upkeep requirements for hair extensions
– related salon procedures
– evaluation of portfolios of evidence and third-celebration studies of on-the-job efficiency.
Guidance information for assessment
A unit of competency describes an individual skill but people rarely perform one ability at a time. Many expertise are combined on a day-to-day basis within the office as half of labor processes. This doesn’t mean that every skill described by a unit of competency is prerequisite to another— they’re associated skills.
Holistic assessment with different items relevant to the industry sector, salon and job position is recommended for example:
– SIHHCCS302A Carry out a full client session
The vary statement pertains to the unit of competency as an entire. It allows for various work environments and situations that may have an effect on efficiency. Bold italicised wording, if used within the performance criteria, is detailed under. Important operating circumstances which may be current with coaching and evaluation (relying on the work state of affairs, wants of the candidate, accessibility of the item, and local business and regional contexts) might also be included.