Choose And Apply Hair Extensions
The release details of this endorsed unit of competency are set out within the table under. The latest data is at the top.
Editorial corrections. Competency subject added.
This unit describes the efficiency outcomes, expertise and information required to pick and apply hair extensions.
Application of the Unit
This unit applies to hairdressers in salon environments, who apply hair extensions to extend the length and quantity of hair and to introduce additional colours. The operator selects from human, animal or artificial hair and mixes hair prior application to realize desired color and texture. Hair extensions may be applied to a full or partial head.
An individual endeavor this position applies discretion and judgement and accepts duty for outcomes of own work.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification necessities apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Employability Abilities Information
This unit accommodates employability skills.
Elements and Efficiency Criteria Pre-Content material
Parts and Performance Criteria
Parts describe the important outcomes of a unit of competency.
Efficiency standards describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the component. Where daring italicised textual content is used, additional info is detailed within the required abilities and data section and the vary statement. Evaluation of performance is to be in keeping with the evidence guide.
1. Seek the advice of with purchasers.
1.1. Determine consumer wants and expectations by way of questioning and discussions.
1.2. Design hair extension concepts to match facial features, bone construction, pure hair and client requirements.
1.3. Discuss finished design with consumer to affirm that design meets client traits and requirements.
1.4. Identify price, utility approach, upkeep requirements and options and benefits of the service and clearly clarify to clients.
2. Analyse and choose hair sort and color.
2.1. Determine extension hair kind .
2.2. Establish and choose color and texture of hair extensions, in accordance with confirmed design.
2.3. Select number of strands in hair extension and combine fibres in accordance with product directions and confirmed design.
3. Prepare client’s natural hair.
3.1. Put together client’s natural hair in order that it is clear, dry and freed from styling aids.
3.2. Take away current hair extensions the place required, based on salon procedures and product directions.
3.3. Section client’s natural kanekalon braiding hair hair in line with confirmed design.
3.4. Make sure the protected disposal of waste, in line with salon procedures .
4. Apply hair extensions.
4.1. Select kanekalon braiding hair strand sizes to match the confirmed design.
4.2. Select section sizes that are acceptable for the strand measurement chosen.
4.3. Apply strands and securely seal using bonding equipment , in line with product directions, salon procedures, and to match confirmed design.
5. Complete hair design.
5.1. Apply cutting and finishing techniques the place required to blend extensions and pure hair, and to attain the planned completed design.
5.2. Affirm consumer satisfaction and make adjustments if required.
5.3. Explain hair extension upkeep procedures clearly to consumer.
Required Abilities and Knowledge
This section describes the talents and knowledge required for this unit.
– interpersonal abilities to work together with purchasers
– communication skills to:
– interact with clients
– consult with clients during preservice evaluation
– verify consumer consolation during the hair extension process
– confirm shopper satisfaction with hair extension outcomes
– literacy expertise to interpret and observe manufacturer’s hair extension system directions
– technical abilities to:
– select, mix and apply hair extensions
– take away current hair extensions
– safely use and apply a hair extensions system, together with:
– human, animal or artificial hair
– bonding merchandise
– software and elimination instruments and gear
– apply haircutting techniques to mix hair extensions and pure hair
– hair extension system, including its parts and functions
– the types of hair and synthetic fibres used in hair extensions
– upkeep necessities for hair extensions
– related salon procedures
The evidence guide gives advice on evaluation and should be learn along with the efficiency criteria, required expertise and knowledge, range statement and the Evaluation Pointers for the Coaching Package deal.
Overview of evaluation
Vital facets for assessment and evidence required to exhibit competency on this unit
Evidence of the following is crucial:
– selecting and mixing hair colours and textures to blend with client’s pure hair
– utilizing a hair extension system to use hair extension providers to full and partial head
– eradicating and adjusting present hair extensions
– applying haircutting and finishing techniques to mix hair extensions with natural hair for completed designs.
Context of and specific sources for evaluation
Assessment should ensure entry to:
– a salon or a simulated salon atmosphere that includes a range of work situations comparable to client interruptions and involvement in different associated actions normally anticipated in the salon
– an adjustable consumer chair
– clear client gown or wrap
– a supply of unpolluted towels
– a hair extension system that features hair, bonding products and tools
– purchasers with a variety of hair extension necessities
– haircutting tools and tools
– ending instruments and tools
– related documentation, equivalent to:
– producer hair extension system manuals that include product and gear data
– salon procedures.
For additional steering on using an appropriate simulated surroundings, seek advice from the Evaluation Guidelines on this Coaching Package.
Technique of evaluation
A variety of evaluation methods must be used to evaluate practical skills and information. The next examples are appropriate for this unit:
– direct remark of the learner:
– selecting and mixing hair colours and textures to mix with client’s pure hair
– eradicating and adjusting current hair extensions
– using a hair extension system to apply hair extension companies for full and partial head
– applying haircutting and finishing techniques to mix hair extensions with natural hair for completed designs
– written or verbal questions applicable to the language and literacy degree of the learner to check data equivalent to:
– the types of hair and artificial fibres used in hair extensions
– upkeep necessities for hair extensions
– related salon procedures
– evaluation of portfolios of proof and third-get together reports of on-the-job efficiency.
Guidance data for evaluation
A unit of competency describes an individual talent however folks not often carry out one skill at a time. Many abilities are mixed on a day-to-day basis in the office as half of labor processes. This doesn’t mean that each skill described by a unit of competency is prerequisite to another— they’re associated abilities.
Holistic assessment with other models related to the business sector, salon and job role is beneficial for instance:
– SIHHCCS302A Carry out a full consumer consultation
The range statement relates to the unit of competency as an entire. It allows for various work environments and situations which will affect efficiency. Daring italicised wording, if used in the efficiency standards, is detailed under. Essential working circumstances which may be present with training and evaluation (depending on the work scenario, wants of the candidate, accessibility of the merchandise, and native trade and regional contexts) might even be included.