Is Henna Good For Hair
Over the following few weeks our resident scientist, Jc can be inspecting merchandise and elements which can be well-liked within the natural hair world — not to disparage them, however to provide a nicely-rounded view of them.
The word natural is just not the identical as ombre natural african american hair the words protected, good or beneficial however many us do affiliate these words collectively. I think there needs to be extra open dialogue about pure merchandise and we shouldn’t routinely award them angel wings purely because they are pure. Every determination we make about components needs to be fastidiously weighed in terms of benefits and dangers.
First up is the natural colorant henna
1. It’s plant based, comparatively easy to process and receive.
2. It is known to construct up on hair and a few women be aware that it provides hair further thickness
3. It is permanent and with regular application, straightforward to intensify the color particularly on grey hair.
4. It may be blended with other pure dyes reminiscent of indigo to offer a non-crimson end result.
Dangers / Negatives
1. The burden of henna build up may cause curls to loosen which is a profit to some however for ladies with loose curls to start with, henna may trigger loss of these curls.
2. It is permanent and troublesome to cowl over. It is usually difficult to make use of permanent hair colour which is lighter than henna (i.e darkish brown/black/darkish pink are typically fantastic) with good results on hair that has been beforehand handled with henna.
3. Some individuals do report dry hair after henna use but many usually remedy this using a conditioner afterwards.
4. The dye answerable for henna’s color known as lawsone and it is a known mutagen (i.e it may cause changes to DNA in cells)*
*Changes to DNA in cells are partially chargeable for cancer – Please word that henna is not directly implicated in causing cancer, however in the EU there is no protected stage for it as a result of its means to mutate cells. The lengthy and secure history of henna use especially in India is possibly the rationale why its mutagenic properties are not usually seen as a cause for concern and regardless of there being no protected stage for henna, it remains to be extensively obtainable.
Ladies, have you ever encountered any of these pros and cons Share beneath.