Is Henna Good For Hair
Over the next few weeks our resident scientist, Jc can be analyzing products and elements which can be widespread within the pure hair world — to not disparage them, however to provide a well-rounded view of them.
The word natural is not the identical because the words protected, good or helpful however many us do associate these words collectively. I believe there needs to be extra open dialogue about pure merchandise and we mustn’t robotically award them angel wings purely because they’re pure. Every resolution we make about components must be carefully weighed in terms of advantages and dangers.
First up is the pure colorant henna
1. It’s plant based mostly, relatively simple to process and receive.
2. It is known to build up on hair and a few women be aware that it provides hair further thickness
3. It is permanent and with common software, easy to intensify the colour especially on gray hair.
4. It may be blended with other pure dyes similar to indigo to present try a haircut on your face a non-purple result.
Dangers / Negatives
1. The load of henna construct up could cause curls to loosen which is a profit to some however for ladies with loose curls to start with, henna may cause loss of these curls.
2. It’s permanent and difficult to cowl over. It is mostly troublesome to make use of permanent hair color which is lighter than henna try a haircut on your face (i.e dark brown/black/darkish red are typically advantageous) with good outcomes on hair that has been beforehand handled with henna.
3. Some folks do report dry hair after henna use but many often treatment this utilizing a conditioner afterwards.
4. The dye liable for henna’s color is named lawsone and it’s a known mutagen (i.e it can cause modifications to DNA in cells)*
*Adjustments to DNA in cells are in part accountable for cancer – Please word that henna is not directly implicated in inflicting most cancers, however within the EU there is no such thing as a secure level for it as a result of its skill to mutate cells. The lengthy and protected history of henna use especially in India is probably the reason why its mutagenic properties are usually not normally seen as a cause for concern and despite there being no secure degree for henna, it continues to be extensively accessible.
Ladies, have you ever encountered any of those execs and cons Share beneath.