The Curly Girls´ Guide To Hair Extensions
From human hair to artificial, wefts to single strand and Mongolian to Indian, the hair extension world can get a bit “tangled,” however don’t despair ‘cause we’re protecting all the pieces you need to learn about the standard and forms of extensions for all of you curlfriends on the market. A notice to the sensible: You get what you pay for. Investing in prime quality extensions will truly find yourself saving you money as they only should be replaced once a year compared to each few months with sub-par hair. Our recommendation Don’t reduce corners. Save up for the best quality hair extensions that you would be able to afford to get the lusted-after locks you’ve at all times wanted. Let’s get started!
What’s the large distinction between natural and synthetic extensions
1. Natural Hair: This is real human hair and it can be styled, cleansed and dyed just just like the hair on your head. The feel and appear of natural extensions are extremely believable, which makes these more expensive, however if you happen to care for them properly, they’ll final you up to 1 full 12 months.
2. Artificial Hair: These extensions have come a good distance in recent years and in some cases it’s difficult to inform the difference between natural and synthetic however it stops there. Synthetic hair is usually made from advantageous plastic fibers that mimic human hair, but won’t behave or really feel like it. These could be worn straight outta the box, making them tremendous easy and quick, nonetheless, upkeep is tricky as they don’t always wash and style the identical means as regular hair and they’re less durable than natural hair, so that they won’t last as lengthy — about three to six months.
Remy hair, virgin hair… What does all of it imply
source: Getty Photos via Tony Hutchings
1. Virgin Hair: That is 100% human hair that is lower off of a single hair donor in a single ponytail and has never been chemically processed. All of the cuticles are intact and lay in the identical path just just like the hair on your head. It’s the very best high quality pure hair out there in the marketplace, hence it’s super spendy, but with proper care it could actually final a long, very long time. Principally this is the gold standard in extensions.
2. Remy Hair: This is pure hair that’s collected from a number of totally what is 100 human hair different hair donors and is processed to align the entire cuticles in the same direction to imitate the hair in your head. This course of eliminates tangling issues that are common with artificial sorts.
3. Non-remy Hair: This is pure hair that is collected from random suppliers, resulting in the cuticles mendacity in all different directions which may lead to tangles and matting. To combat this, non-remy hair is chemically handled to take away the cuticle after which dipped in silicone to add shine, this provides weight to the hair and over time the silicone washes away and the hair loses its luster. It also can’t tolerate heat or hair dye, so styling options are limited.
What’s the difference between weft and single strand
1. Wefted Hair: This is hair that comes connected to a track in long pieces. It could actually both be attached by machine or by hand. Here’s the distinction:
-Hand tied wefts are made by meticulously tying strands of hair around a powerful weaving thread by hand. These wefts are thinner and more flexible than machine-tied wefts and lay closer to to the top creating a really natural look. They are tougher to apply and make the most of much more hair to make which adds to the price tag on these extensions. (Photograph through Beauty ReDesign)
-Machine wefts are made by sewing strands of hair onto the monitor with a hair sewing machine. They’re the most typical wefts because of their decrease cost and because they are easier to put in. The tracks may also be lower which permits for extra hairstyle options.
2. Single Strand: Also known as stick extensions, these literally come piece by piece and are pre-bonded at the ideas with wax or keratin. They are utilized by utilizing the Micro-Loop or Fusion method which makes use of heat to bond the extensions to your natural hair.
What’s the distinction between virgin hair origins
One of the things you need to take into consideration when buying pure hair extensions, is hair origin. To drop a fairly penny on Mongolian hair that doesn’t hold a natural wave sample goes to look something however natural on the average curly girl. Bottom line Choose a texture that the majority carefully matches your hair in its natural state — the aim is to shock others that you’ve got extensions.
1. Brazilian: This essentially the most wanted hair available on the market and blends nicely with all types of ethnicities.
-Tender, thick, bouncy hair with medium coarseness
-Varies from mild brown to darkish brown or black
-Has a pure wave pattern when wet, so it may be styled straight, wavy or curly
2. Mongolian: This hair kind is rare in comparison to different hair origins making it more expensive.
-Positive and barely coarse in texture
-Does not have a natural wave sample when wet, so it’s finest suited to straight styles.
-Diverse coloration vary makes this hair wanted for those looking for something aside from
3. Indian: There is an abundance of Indian hair, so it’s generally used for making extensions. It is usually often called “temple hair” because most of it is sourced from Hindu temples the place hair is donated for religious practices.
-Thick, coarse and sleek in texture
-Dries wavy and mimics most hair patterns, so it may be styled wavy, curly or straight
-Sought out for its untreated qualities, as well as its lengthy size
4. Malaysian: Celebrities search this hair kind because of it’s mushy and silky texture.
-Resembles very healthy hair because of it’s sheen
-Nice for wavy and curly girls as it comes in a wide range of natural hair patterns
-Colors range from darkish brown to black
5. Russian: That is like the highest shelf caviar of hair extensions as it’s laborious to supply, making it fairly pricey.
-Finer and thinner in texture which doesn’t at all times mix nicely with Afro-Caribbean hair textures.
-Could be very versatile relating to styling and works with most hair patterns
-Colors vary from gentle blonde to medium brown
Where Girls With Curls Ought to Buy Extensions
The important thing to nice extensions is to discover a hair sample that is similar to your own. The issue is, that most hair extensions come readily straightened and it may be exhausting to get textures that blend along with your curly locks. We’re giving a shout out to some hair extensions manufacturers which can be showing the love to wavy, curly, kinky girls so that we can have some fun with extensions too. Some of these brands had been developed out of necessity by women simply like you and me and now they’re helping you find your excellent match.
1. Kinky Curly Yaki: This fairly priced firm affords 5 textures that they claim, “looks so actual, you might swear it was rising out of your individual head.” From light yaki to curly and afro kinky, these extensions are made from 100% virgin human hair and are free from synthetic fillers and chemicals and will blend seamlessly along with your natural hair.
2. Heat Free Hair: This brand is tremendous popular amongst naturalistas and transitioners. Their essential aim is to offer high quality protective styling options through wefts, clip-ins, closures and wigs. Whether or not you’ve got coils, curls or kinks they offer hair textures ranging from 3b to 4c.
3. Good Locks: You want perfect locks This company affords guaranteed, virgin Indian hair that’s hand chosen immediately from the biggest temple in Tirupati, India. For curly women the hair is curled using a chemical-free process often called steam perming resulting in a totally natural look and lengthy lasting life. You’re sure to seek out the hair colour and texture that you’re after.
4. Fingercomber: This hair group presents extensions, hair merchandise and accessories which can be designed by naturals, and made for naturals. Go #teamnatural! From protecting model models, wash and go units, havana hair and wefts it’s laborious to not find a texture and style for you — in fact, you may purchase two!
5. SERO Hair: If you’re in search of ethical, premium virgin Remy hair SERO is your one cease store. SERO is an up and coming name on the planet of magnificence and hair and they’re on a mission to source ethical hair from communities around the globe. Choose from Halo, Ponytail, Tape, Weft, Tip and Clip-In extensions and for the price range savvy they are going to be introducing a range of artificial extensions.
6. Indique: Celebs like Rihanna have been spotted with these extensions making them the newest craze. Indique gets that all curls are unique, even on the identical head so you possibly can combine and match from three textures: Bounce Natural Curl, Bounce Coil Curl and Bounce Deep Wave to seamlessly mix in your pure hair.
7. Non-public Stock Hair: Boasting the finest high quality natural hair — we’re speaking 100% virgin hair. These guys specialise in unfastened waves to kinky curly kind 3b to 4c hair textures. Choose from weft hair, wigs, closures and clip-ins.
8. BellaCurls: It was once almost impossible to seek out curly hair extensions, however nowadays any texture you’re after can most likely be found and BellaCurls makes extensions straightforward with their 100% Malaysian, Brazilian and Mongolian hair clips-ins. In addition they get that curly hair comes in so many various textures which why they provide a variety of hair patterns from wavy to afro.
How To Care For Your Hair Extensions
Extension hair ought to be cared for similar to your pure hair: gently. You should utilize your whole favourite hair merchandise, but keep oils away from the roots so as to forestall the bond, tape, or weave from slipping. At bedtime, put your hair in a free braid so it doesn´t get matted or tangled when you sleep.
1. Cleanse: Perform a co-wash not less than as soon as every 2-3 weeks.
2. Condition: Try to at all times use a moisturizing go away-in conditioner. Avoid having to use any
other styling products between washes.
3. Fashion: Use alcohol-free serums or products on hair to avoid drying out the hair and making it
4. Dry: Air drying is highly really helpful after washing and conditioning, however, real hair can
take the heat from a blow-dryer, flat iron or curling iron, however identical to your own hair, it’s best to
keep heat styling at a minimum to beat frizz and maintain the standard and sturdiness of your
5. Storage: Storage isn’t something we normally suppose about when choosing our extensions, but it
can extend the life of your faux locks. When you’re packing away them away they should be
clean, conditioned, dry and tangle free. An air-tight container works great or use a clip clothes
hanger to store the hair with out dropping form.
Okay curlfriends! We hope this offers you all the information you should get the luscious locks
you’ve always wanted.